Plan your camping menu for this fall and include this delicious camping recipe adapted from TheAdventureBite.com! This easy mac-n-cheese dish can be made right over the fire in your Dutch oven! Get the full recipe below!
Recipe adapted from The Adventure Bite
- 1 package, 12-16 ounces kielbasa sausage
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni noodles
- 8-10 oz jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese blend blend or mexican cheese blend
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your sausage into 1″ rounds.
- Heat a large Dutch oven or cast iron skillet over a fire and add the sausage, cooking until just browned.
- Drain, wipe out the pan, and set the sausage aside.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta as directed by the packaging. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine noodles, alfredo sauce, and cheese in a bowl. Slowly, add in the milk stirring until it forms a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles and sauce to the Dutch oven and heat over the fire for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the fire, add the sausage, and serve immediately.