No matter where you’re spending your spring camping trip, this delicious and easy spring chicken tortellini recipe is fresh and packed with flavor. You can easily swap out the veggies in this spring recipe for your favorite seasonal vegetables to customize your flavors for your crew.
Recipe adapted from JuliasAlbum.com
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper
- ½ c. sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil, chopped
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half
- ¼ c. basil pesto
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes yellow and red, halved
- 1 c. tortellini uncooked
- In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of oil over medium heat.
- Pat dry with a paper towel and slice the chicken thighs into strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Add in the chicken and half the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Heat for 5-10 minutes, turning chicken several times to cook thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken and tomatoes from the skillet.
- Add asparagus to the skillet with oil and season with salt. Stir in the remaining half of the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 5-10 minutes to soften the asparagus.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook your tortellini according to the package. Drain and set aside.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and top with pesto, stirring to coat thoroughly. Cook over a medium-low heat to warm the chicken through and remove from the heat.
- Add in tortellini, cherry tomatoes (halved), stir to coat in pesto, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a side of the asparagus and a grating of parmesan cheese.